MGB run on

To: All <MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: MGB run on
From: Larry Hoy <73253.1136@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 15 Sep 96 22:39:08 EDT
Just a note to all who helped me with the run on (dieseling) problem with my B.
Thanks to all.

The solution seems to be a slower idle speed (which many of you suggested).  You
may remember my car has a new engine an a mild street cam.  It also had a
distributor with a bad mechanical advance and vacuum advance.  I fixed the
problems with the distributor. (replaced the vacuum advance, and freed up the
centrifigal advance weights) and added an electronic ignition setup.  The
electronic ignition is just something I wanted to try, it isn't necessarily part
of the fix (yes I will carry the old points and condenser along, just in case!).
I adjusted the Weber downdraft mixture and set the timing.  All this allowed me
to reduce the idle speed to around 750 to 800 RPM, it had been just above 1000.
I seems to have done the trick.

Thanks again

Larry
1969 MGB