MGB Engine Troubles....duh!

To: "MG Newsgroup" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Engine Troubles....duh!
From: "James " <dirmeyer@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996 23:39:59 -0400
OK, my 77 B runs ok for the most part (I won't even talk about the oil,)
but I've had a couple of labor strikes which I need some help with.  I'm
new at engine work so any help would be appreciated.

After traveling about 10 minutes on the interstate at a constant 65 mpg I
started to notice a couple of hesitations followed immediately by power
loss.  The first time it happened the power loss eventually resulted in
complete stoppage.  I could turn the car over and it would start for a few
seconds but would die just like it wasn't getting any gas.  After about 5
minutes of sitting I was able to get it started and went a few more miles
but it stalled two more times, this time I was traveling at slower speeds
though.  Perhaps I should mention that the day was a hot Florida summer in
the afternoon.

I didn't have any troubles the next week, but I didn't have it on the
interstate, mostly stop and go traffic.

Today, I had the same problem.  Another hot day, I got about 15 minutes of
interstate travel and it started dying.  This time I took it immediately to
the side and let it idle for 2-3 minutes and it was fine for a couple more
miles.  Then it stalled out completely again.  After setting for an hour or
so, I was able to go about 20 miles before it started acting up again.

I think it's a fuel blockage and my brother thinks it's a vacuum problem.
Any ideas?