Re: Water injection system and Marvel

To: Clark W Nicholls <cwnicholls@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Water injection system and Marvel
From: Robert J Donahue/DELCO <RJDONAHU@mail.delcoelect.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 09:20:19 +0000
<
<Now these units are designed as top cylinder lubrication systems, to
<inject oil such as Marvel Mystery into the intake to lube the valves and
<seats and such.  He proposes that oil injection will do a better job than
<some of the lead additives for saving your valves.
<
<
<Clark

Why not just mix the Marvel Mystery oil with the gas? Does injection do
something special? Also the valves on my TD were very noisy and prone
to sticking untill I started using Marvel. Has Marvel helped anybody
else out there? BTW, wasn't there something similar called Bartol back
in the '50s?

Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
53 MG-TD, Under DIY restoration
71 MGB, still in the shop 11 months and counting