Re: MGB Rag top

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Rag top
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 14:17:49 -0400
All this talk about rag tops has gotten me thinking about something I
seem to keep running in to.

It seems that I talk to a lot of MG owners who get their interiors/tops
done by local repair shops, for the same or less cost as a kit from a
parts supplier.  I've seen a couple of these jobs.  In both cases, the
interiors were completely renewed, the owner didn't have to strectch a
single piece of vinyl or carpet, and the cost was extremely competitive
with the price of just the parts from Moss, VB, and such.  Is there
anyone else that's had this same revalation?  Is there something wrong
with doing it this way?  The jobs I saw were not "exactly" like the
original when they were done, but it seems the panels you get from a
supplier aren't either.

Regards,