Strange knocking sound

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Strange knocking sound
From: Ross Overcash <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 19:42:43 -0400 (EDT)
Ok the saga continues:

I put the caliper and pads back together, the wheel still turns freely.  I
apply pressure to the brakes and guess what the caliper is locked up on the
rotor.  Can't budge the rotor at all.  Car still on Jack stands so don't
know if it will move under it's own power (I imagine it will). Any way, am I
automatically set up for a rebuild?  I would think so, or is the problem
something else?  I bled that caliper again and there wasn't a bubble one
so........ Thoughts , comments, ideas.  If I need to rebuild, I want order
the parts tomorrow, so any responses tonight would be appreciated.

Safety fast!

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA.