74 MGB runs like crap

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 74 MGB runs like crap
From: CaptWBK@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 1996 14:19:01 -0400
I just finished an engine rebuild and HIF rebuild.  I am not worried about
the engine rebuild, I have done that before on a 75 MGB, but I put a WEBER
side draft on that one.  The 74, I purchased has no emmission control
equipment and it is timed at 12 BTDC at 1500 RPM like the book says. The
valves are correct and so are the points.
It will only start and run with the carbs rich.  When I drive it it bogs down
at higher RPM's.  I know it must be something simple, but I have been fussing
with it to long and my Wife has lost her nice personality.  Help please.

Scott