Re: SU fuel pump

To: "John Swanland" <swanland@cato.wesley.oz.au>
Subject: Re: SU fuel pump
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 22:25:28 -0500 (EST)
>I have an MG TC--  all works well unless the weather's warm and I do a
>long, hard run.
>When I try to re-start, the pump clicks like crazy, but delivers no fuel.
>
>When I let things cool down for a while, all is well.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>John Swanland
>Melbourne Australia

Maybe one of the valves is sticking. The valves are just small thin
metal discs just behind the inlet and outlet couplings. Perhaps
cleaning them might help. I've heard of vapor lock problems in
warm whether, but I don't know if pump clicking is one of the
symptoms. Inceasant clicking could mean the pump is sucking air,
but I don't know how this could happen unless your out of gas.

Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
rdonahue@holli.com
53 MG-TD under DIY restoration
71 MGB still in shop, 11 months and counting