Re: British Car Quality

To: kboetzer@auspex.com, mgs@autox.team.net, edm107@psu.edu
Subject: Re: British Car Quality
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 21:32:15 -0400
In a message dated 96-09-23 12:52:34 EDT, kboetzer@auspex.com (Ken Boetzer)
writes:

<<  To All,

 > Since purchasing my first MGB as a restoration project last year I've
 > heard quite a few comments on the quality of British cars (...flow
 > through oil systems, etc., etc.). My question is, what really are the
 > weak spots in the design and construction of British cars? ...

 > Thanks,
 >
 > David Macedonia [edm107@psu.edu]
 > Boalsburg, PA.
 > 1966 MGB

******************

 <David,

 Let's make this more managable by discussing the strengths of the British
designs.

 1) They look really nifty.
 2) They often have a removable/replaceable top.
 3) They often hold two people comfortably.
 4) When they run well, they sound really nifty, and feel great to drive or
ride in.
 .
 .
 .
 .
 ? Anyone have anything else to add?

Ken Boetzer

Yes,

5) If you were at a red light in a $75,000 sports car, some people wouldn't
give you the time of day. In a cute LBC they will go out of their way to
strike up a conversation to tell you about when their "uncle Bob had one" and
how much fun they had.

6) You also don't have anything to prove when that light turns green.

R. Johnson - Dallas