Re: Build an RV8?

To: jer@thlogic.com
Subject: Re: Build an RV8?
From: DamitDick@gnn.com (Damit Dick)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 08:57:29
Jeremy...

I was at the all British Car Show last weekend in Woodly Park (CA)
and there was a guy who had installed a Rover V8 in his MGB
roadster. He had the MG Valve Covers on the engine but was using a
four barrel carb.

What made the car stand out was the fact that he had installed the
RV8 front and rear bumpers! He also had the RV8 Hood installed. I
talked to him some and he indicated that the parts while available
were not easily obtained.

He indicated that he had purchased the RV8 dash from Mike Satur
With out the wood veneer. When I asked him if the original MGB
instument package could be used he indicated that he was going to
use VDO instruments like they did on the RV8.

As I recall the RV8, the fenders were flared. This guy did not
flare the fenders and I see no reason to do so unless you are going
to run wheels/tyres which are too wide for the original body to
accomodate.

sale (usually with a random car attached) for about $1000, and the
V8

http://www.thlogic.com/~jer/
>Thermalogic Corporation                    '60 TR3A, '74 MGB, '76
Spit
Dick :>)
Vintage Parts & Products
Camarillo, California