Re: MGB gas tank repair

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB gas tank repair
From: taylorts@syr.lmco.com
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 96 08:42:01 EDT
> I had an MGB gas tank chemically stripped to remove rust and paint.   I
> noticed when I got it back that there are a couple of pin holes in the top of
> the tank where moisture got under the rubber strips between the tank and
> body.
>
> I'd like to avoid welding on these areas, since they are so small, and
> getting a copper plate behind them during welding will be difficult.  Is
> there an alternative, or should I dig out the MIG welder?
>
> All things considered, I should have just bought a new tank.

I've used that ribbon epoxy where you have a blue and a green side, you mold
it together with your fingers.  Make sure the tank is clean.  Also you can use
PC-7, the stuff they advertise to fix your steering wheel.  Both seem to work
ok, but you have to get the tank clean first where you are going to put thge
stuff.    Todd....