Freeze plug for MG TC

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Freeze plug for MG TC
From: Denis BAGGI <denis2@cimsi.cim.ch>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 96 14:25:13 +0200
>Been watching this thread for a while, so I thought I'd throw in my $.02
>worth.
>
>Between 1950 and 1990 seems like there've been alot of advances in the
>automotive world.  If antifreeze were bad, they wouldn't use it in new cars
>that run alot hotter.
>
>Pressure raises the boiling point, so what is stopping a T-series owner from
>converting to a pressurized system?

That's very easy and like many T-owners I did that years ago. There is
and exaust pipe at the bottom of the radiator. Instead of letting it
ejaculate whenever it felt like doing it, I redirected the fluid
in a plastic pipe leading to a container - I got it from a Ford
of some kind - bolted on the battery bracket. Result is, when the
engine heats up some fluid moves up to the container, and when it
gets cold it flows back to the radiator. That container also has
a security outlet which stabilizes the level. Never had to refill
with water/antifreeze (50-50 as it should be) though. Releasing the
container tap shows the fluid's under pressure. My engine loves it.

Denis Baggi
(early) 1950 TD