Tire Source?

To: mgs@autox.team.net, British-Cars-Pre-War@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire Source?
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 15:33:47 -0700
Greetings all!

In the never ending quest to maintain and improve my MG's I'm turning to the
lists for (more) help.

The tires on my TC are in absolutely horrid shape and simply must be
replaced.  I can source them locally for $135 Cdn a piece for Firestone.
Since my car is no where near concourse winning shape originality is not the
most important criteria.  I'm looking for the best deal on good, serviceable
and attractive original size tires.  Anybody got any suggestions?  The tires
needed are 4.50 X 19 (Dunlops originally).

Any improvement on $135 Cdn or about $ 100 US ?

Thanks
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT