Re: starters and a movie

To: ldove@macomb.com
Subject: Re: starters and a movie
From: kgstuart@juno.com (RANDELL S KEGG)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 21:17:06 PST
Were the teeth on the pinion all chewed up?
If so, imagine what the teeth on the flywheel must  look like. If they
are worn, you will get all sorts of gnashing noises, as the starter
spins.  The flywheel teeth are part of a ring gear that is pressed onto
the flywheel. It can be replaced, but unfortunately involves the removal
of the engine to do it. If you would like specific instructions on how to
remove and replace the ring gear on the flywheel, please let me know.....

Randy Kegg
1958 MGA
1966 Morris Traveller
1964 Porsche 356C