starters and a movie

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: starters and a movie
From: Lewis Dove <ldove@macomb.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 09:23:02 -0700
Hi Guys:
  The Cudgel came up with a new one a few days ago.  My 65 MGB had a
starter with a damaged drive pinion, so I replaced the starter and drive.
can you believe that the complete assembly was only about 10 dollars
more than the drive alone?  Anyway, the starter sometimes fails to engage
the engine the first time around, making whirring busy noises but no
clunk. Finally,when it does engage it makes god-awful gear-clashing
sounds before turning the engine over.  What is wrong, and how can I fix
it?
   On a lighter vein, I know we have British film buffs here.  I wonder
how many of you have seen the film "The Fast Lady" which came out in
1962.  It doesn't have a terrific story line, but features a beautiful
early Bentley and an equally beautiful (for different reasons) Julie
Christie.  It has cameo appearances by Graham Hill and John Surtees.  I
don't know where you get a copy; some video outfit should have it. It
would be a nice video for a club meet.
   Well, got to go now; please help!
          Lew Dove, slave to Nigel Cudgel, resourceful '65 MGB tourer