Re: Brooklands?

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@isocan.com>, kitcar@bolis.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brooklands?
From: gramf@digisys.net (Paul/Ian Graham)
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 1996 22:45:57 -0700
At 11:30 PM 9/29/96, Trevor Boicey wrote:
>Just got the current Peterson's Kit Car and was reading it. In
>the back adds, there is a listing for "Brooklands Body
>Conversions for MGBs".
>
>  Anyone have any info on these? The only other kit cars I knew
>based on MGBs was the Cal Ace.
>
>  Sounds like it might be fun to try. Lord knows there are
>enough rusty MGBs out there that still run well. Given that I know
>the workings of them very well, it would be a good base for a
>kit car.
>
>--
>---------------------------------------------Ottawa-Canada-GOSENSGO------
>   Trevor Boicey             1992 Celica GT (95% of the driving I do)
>   tboicey@isocan.com        1975 MG Midget (95% of the repairs I do)
Trevor,
        I saw a photo of the Brooklands kit in a book titled Improve and
Modify Your MGB(?).  About all I can say about the final product is that it
would be an acquired taste.  Have you heard of anyone putting the Cal Ace
kit on a BGT?  I would certainly like to see what it would look like.
There is also a body kit to build a replica of a racing MGCGT (memory fails
and the name escapes me) -basically monster fender flares all around and
some oher cosmetic mods.  Saw it in the same book as the Brooklands kit.

Paul