Re: Anti-backfire kit

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Anti-backfire kit
From: Pschauss@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 02:35:54 -0400
Someone last week suggested that the anti-backfire kit
offered by VB and Moss Motors is only applicable to
'Bs with the single ZS carb.  I have found that it works with
either the ZS or the SU setup.

I first installed the kit on my '80 with the single ZS carb.  Sometime
later, I converted to a pair of HS4s, keeping the air pump and
anti-backfire kit in place.  Without the kit, the car backfires
whenever I shift gears.  With the kit, installed as per instructions,
the car never backfires.

Of course my 'B never backfires now because I have it
apart, to replace the sills and rockers.

Peter Schauss
pschauss@aol.com
ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov
1980 MGB