Re: MGB History

To: GregMGB@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB History
From: ckr <ragthyme@fls.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 12:19:51 -0500
GregMGB@aol.com wrote:

> I don't even know if such a place exists, but does anyone know of a place
> where I could find out my MGB's history?  (i.e. port of entry, original
> dealership, etc.)  Any information would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

Greg:

British Motor Heritage in England can handle the production, originality
and shipping information side of your question.  I know someone on this
list has the address; all I have is the telephone number. Send them the
VIN of your car, and US$40 or so (check for exact price) and they'll
send you a nice certificate and some background information.

Your local DMV will have the rest of the information. Depending on your
state, they may charge a fee to research it. Here in Virginia, I can get
copies of original titles all the way back to the car's original owner
(or dealership) and the paperwork the dealership filed with the state
when they took the car, for a nominal research fee.  DMV's don't usually
advertise this service, but it's bound to be there.

Good luck,

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'
RD#373750