RE: cracked manifold

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: cracked manifold
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 12:21:00 -0700 (PDT)
The crack could have ben caused by the increased presure and heat of a
clogged CAT.

Chris
 ----------
From: mgs-owner
To: mgs
Subject: cracked manifold
Date: Friday,September 27,1996 3:56PM

Hi all:
After praising my car recently the Gods have frowned upon me!
my exhaust manifold on my 79"B" cracked at the bend just before the Cat
luckily i have another manifold which I put on today does anyone know
why it cracked? Am I running too lean? Is it a common fault on these
manifolds? I am afraid to run it too much in case it happens again.I
just put a rebuilt carb on the car about 1000 miles ago could there be
something wrong with the carb? Also can this manifold be welded? Again
I'm looking to the GLW (great list wisdom) for answers...Thanks in
advance...Pat  79"B"