MGA RV8? Not likely...

To: kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu
Subject: MGA RV8? Not likely...
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 10:14:24 -0500 (CDT)
Kevin Sullivan writes:
> No one ever replied to my query about an MGA-RV8.  Does noone think this
> would be interesting?  Would it fit?

You bet it would be interesting, but I'd say there's absolutely no
chance of stuffing a RV8 into an MGA without serious sheetmetal
alterations.  The RV8 takes up the entire width of the MGB's engine bay,
so much so that special low-profile exhaust headers are necessary.
There's no way you could fit an RV8 through the much smaller MGA
opening.

On the other hand, perhaps you could install the shortblock, then
maneuver the cylinder heads into position?  Maybe someone with an A and
a B could take some measurements for us (Tusler?) ...

Speaking of engines, I accidentally stopped and looked at an ALFA 1300GT
over the weekend.  That all-alloy twincam has me depressed about my cast
iron pushrod lump.  I can see a fast road cam in my future, perhaps with
roller rockers...

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer with one half of a 3.6-liter Austin V8

"I could go at any time..."