Wierd! Brake shoe return spring came off.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wierd! Brake shoe return spring came off.
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 08:21:17 -0600 (MDT)
Ahhh.  Nothing like getting up early and fixing something.  Yesterday I
noticed my right rear brake was going "eep eep eep eep".  I could bump
the hand brake lightly and make it stop.  Until I touched the brakes
again.  So this morning I get up and pull off the wheel and drum to check
the linings.  They look fine, but the return spring opposite the wheel
cylinder is hanging from the top hole.  Not broken, not stretched, but
like it was not put on.  I checked everything when I bought the car a
year and a half ago and everything was in place.  How could it come off
like that?  So I put it back together and drove to work.  No more eeping.

Kevin Sullivan -- 1960 MGA                kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.                      http://www.khoral.com
Albuquerque NM USA