RE: Re[2]: Part suppliers? (fwd)

To: "mgs@autox.team.net-SUBMISSIONS" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Re[2]: Part suppliers? (fwd)
From: "Cram, Geoff" <gcram@wdni.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 14:44:00 -0700
I've dealt only with Moss, but must confess to some disappointments
mixed in with the expected normal service.  For example, I called
recently and asked one of their (seemingly bored) sales staff for an
internal horn contact for my 66B with Les Leeson steering wheel and he
pointed me at the only part they sell, saying it would fit.  It didn't
and it's not worth my while to return a $13 part in these days of new
parenthood.  I also ordered new lifters at the same time.  They appeared
flat to my untutored eye, but a tech tip in a Moss newsletter stated
that they must be radiused.  Another (even more bored) salesman at Moss
that I talked to said he'd been working on Brit cars for 15 years and
all lifters are flat on the bottom, but if I REALLY didn't like them, I
could return them.  I checked a local British parts house and the
counter guy kindly showed me that they were indeed subtly radiused and
not to worry.  So the bottom line is that I think that at least two of
the Moss phone answerers are either untrained, inexperienced, bored or
don't give a squat.  Maybe all the above.

OK, I'll stop crying now.

Geoff Cram
66B
gcram@wdni.com