Re: Rust on '78 Midget -Clarification

To: "Vince J. Pujalte" <pujalte@stic.net>
Subject: Re: Rust on '78 Midget -Clarification
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 09:52:55 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 5 Oct 1996, Vince J. Pujalte wrote:

> Gentlepeople,
>    When I said the rust was on the "body" of my '78 Midget, I meant the
> A-pillar. Sorry for any confusion!
>
> Thank you,
> -Vince

I should have read further.  This is generally the first place to show
rust on spridgets.  You can buy a repair panel that replaces the skin of
the a post from just below the windshield to the sill.  You will have to
remove the fender (wing) and the door to replace it properly.  Be sure to
cut off the old skin and clean out the rubbish that is collecting water
and causing the rust.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910