Re: Pulling Engine

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pulling Engine
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 07 Oct 1996 08:56:17 -0500
In <01BBB2A0.6474AC60@rlac111.vcd.hp.com>, David M. Hall wrote:

>Well, the time approaches where I am going to pull my engine out of my
>74.5 Roadster.
>
>Where should I attach the engine puller?  I've got a balancer thingy, and
>lotsa chain, but I'm not sure where to attach stuff.

You need a couple of small right angle brackets.  These can be made of
(stout) angle iron about 1 1/4" on a side and about 1 to 1 1/2" long.
Drill a 5/16" hole in one flat and whatever you need to receive an
S-hook on the other.  Attach the brackets to the 5/16" stubs sticking
out of the valve cover top.  _Do not_ remove the valve cover, it needs
to be there for stability.  If you are missing the stubs on top of the
valve cover these need to be replaced as well.

                        A. B. Bonds