Overdrive Transmission Questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Overdrive Transmission Questions
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@mail.ic.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 1996 07:57:28 -0400
I sent a deposit to a fellow who had offered a 4-synchro O.D.
transmission for sale back in August.  It was located out of state, and
I arranged for him to hold the unit until I could get around to see it.
 Asking price was $350.

Got down to inspect the transmission this past weekend.  As near as I
can tell it ain't no overdrive.  The seller doesn't know much about
MG's, he bought a bunch of used parts and was told that it was an
overdrive.  I will admit some ignorance here - I haven't ever seen an
O.D. trans, so it is possible that I was mistaken.  Question:  How
obvious are the external differences between the O.D. and non O.D.
boxes?  I looked for connections for a solenoid, but found only the
reverse light switch.

Anyone out their got a O.D. transmission they are willing to part with?
 I have a 77B, but will consider any 4-synchro box in working condition.

Best Regards,

Chris Delling