Re: 76B starter problems

To: Matthew D Yarnell <my23+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject: Re: 76B starter problems
From: "John F. Moonan" <jmoonan@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 1996 23:29:24 -0400
Matthew D Yarnell wrote:

> My 76B decided it doesn't want to start any more.  Being an
> inexperienced mechanic, I was hoping I could get some advice from this
> list on how to track down the problem.

Matt:

I had a similar problem years ago on my 64B.  The cause was a bad place on the
starter motor commutator.  I
temporarily got around it by using a broom handle to reach the starter motor an
turn it slightly.  It would
then start.  I eventually had to pull and replace it but this technique allowed
me to postpone it for a while.
 Since it was only one bad spot on the commutator it only happened occasionally.

THANX<  John Moonan, 77B (and wishing I had my 64B with O/D back)