Good News/Bad News/Misc. Rambling

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Good News/Bad News/Misc. Rambling
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 15:09:34 -0700
Well I like to start with the good news..... Got the rebuilt motor for the
70B up and running Monday night. Had a few minor glitches, but no show
stoppers. It always amazes me how good it sounds to get a car running
again. Tuesday night after the club meeting I finshed the timing and a few
minor other things. Then the bad news hit.... The o/d gearbox is a no
syncro gearbox. No it's not an early no syncro in first, there all trashed.
The upside to the whole thing is I've got very little money invested in it,
just some time. I guess I'll put the stock box back in, it was in great
shape. I'm going to be real good at pulling engines before this all done.
But it felt great to have the car back out on the road again, the grinding
of the gears was a little annoying.

On the odd and ends side of our conversation. Last night on the way home
from work I passed a motor home, and you'll never guess what it was pulling
behind it. A black Morris Minor four door. It looked so silly and cute all
at the same time.

Also, I just wanted to thank to all the folks out there that helped by
answering questions along the way to putting the car back together.

Cheers, Lane