Re: MGA serial number missing...

To: rbtaras@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: MGA serial number missing...
From: kgstuart@juno.com (RANDELL S KEGG)
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 11:19:22 PST
As far as the serial number stamped on the frame cross member......... It
only occurred for some MGAs. Of three that I checked, only one had it. If
it is there, it will be  stamped, (perhaps very lightly),  facing up,  on
the cross member  that would be directly under your knees, if you were
sitting normally in the right side of the car.
If it is not there, and you have a good title, with a serial number, then
buy a new ID plate from MOSS or somewere else, and have the serial and
engine number stamped in.
P.S.   If the serial number is not on the cross member, then it is
nowhere else on the car. However, you can get a rough idea of the year
of the car by comparing the chassis number to information located in the
book "Original MGA". Or write us back, and I will look it up for you.

Randy Kegg
1958 MGA
1966 Morris Traveller
1964 Porsche 356C