Oil starvation

To: BarneyMG@aol.com
Subject: Oil starvation
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 16:46:32 -0700
Barney,

Regarding your oil pressure over 6000 rpm:

While shooting the breeze at work yesterday I mentioned your dilema to a
co-worker.  He immediately and with no doubt whatsoever stated that your
pick up was partially obstructed.  This made more and more sense as we
bashed it around. It explains why the problem disappears at lower revs and
why it showed up suddenly.

Further breeze shooting produced an anecdotal quick fix.  I relate it here
with reservations.

Warm the car completely, drive to the top of a steep hill, with the car in
fourth gear and the clutch in, shut the motor off, engae the clutch and
immediately allow it to coast down the hill backwards.  The "theory" is that
the motor will run backwards and the pump will force any oil still on the
discharge side back through the pickup.  Repeat several times.

Personally I'd drop the pan off and have a look but this method was reported
to have worked.  I called bulls*%t but this guy swears it works.  I relate
it with no further comment.......

 Yours sheepishly,
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT