Rear-end noises.

To: "'The MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear-end noises.
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 19:31:06 -0400
No, this is no reference to bodily functions...

Is there anything other than the universal joints on the drive shaft, or =
the wheel bearings, that can cause a scraping/grinding noise in the rear =
of an MGB when turning, or accelerating from a stop.  This is one of the =
symptoms my car has had lately.  The other involved a severe vibration =
above 30 mph which seems to have passed with the replacement of the =
universal joints, which were bad.  However, the noises persist, and I'm =
wondering if there's still something wrong with the universals, or if I =
should look to the rear wheel bearings, or if there's something else it =
could be that I'm not thinking of.  BTW, the axle oil is in good =
measure.

Thanks!