Misc

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Misc
From: FOURoFOUR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 14:24:35 -0400
I love this list, the information abounds here.

Anyway, here is my possible help on some topics.

Oil starvation at 7000:  I know you are looking at the pickup now, and that
sounds like a good place to hit.  But I just read in the Competition tuning
manual for the MGB that if oil pressure loss is experienced at high rpms, the
top of the oil pump should be modified (where the oil goes from the pump into
the block).  I assume the theory is the atmosphere is helping the oil into
the pickup, but after the pump the oil has gravity to contend with.

I would check to make sure the out let of the oil pump matches the inlet on
the block.  If the block dosnt match, you may get a restriction, hence the
recomendation to open up the outlet of the pump.

Just another guess.

Whistleing on a 75B:  Does it have a brake booster?  I dont know if they were
on 75 or not.  My 77 (long gone now) had a whistling like you describe.  The
brakes worked fine.  The brake booster was leaking.  When the engine warmed
up it went away, when it deaccelerated it whistled too.  I replaced the hose
(not fuel hose, it collapses under suction) and the problem was solved.  I
think the hose clamps were the real culprit though.

My 68MGB:  Runs great, tach readjusted, and works great now (thanks all).
 Brakes great after bleeding (the rear brakes  were dry!!!!). Now its off to
bomb around in the leaves and enjoy the fall colors!!!

I love this list.

Drew