Re: Windshield wipers

To: Mike Powell <mpowell@cstone.net>
Subject: Re: Windshield wipers
From: glen@pegasus.unm.edu
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 19:47:17 -0600 (MDT)
On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, Mike Powell wrote:

> Hi everyone, I just got on this list a few days ago after buying a '74 MGB.
> I had a '78 B until about 7 years ago, and thought it was time to re-enter
> the world of LBC's.  Good decision, if I do say so myself!
>
> Anyway, with winter coming up, I have a windshield wiper question.  When I
> turn them on low speed, they make their way across the windscreen at an
> agonizingly slow pace.  Is this normal for a '74 (it has the 14W motor
> assembly)?  They're a lot slower than I remember them being on the '78.
> When I flip the switch to high speed, they don't speed up at all, but
> instead become sort of jittery.

WHAT?!?! you have two speeds on your wipers? my goodness, where does this
luxury thing end. before you know it we are gonna be talking about
electric windscreen washer pumps and (heaven forbid) radios :) what's
next? sun visors?

glen
'66 midget, single speed wipers, manual (non-functional) windscreen washer
pump, no radio, sun visors? what's that?