MGB

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB
From: Alberto Manganini <albertom@mbox.vol.it>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 96 20:09:21 -0500
-- [ From: Alberto Manganini * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Here I am, a brand new mg owner!
Finally, after several months, I succeeded in buying *my* 1965 brg/black
interiors MGB! She's so wonderful I've got no words to describe it (and the
feeling of driving in country lanes with the top opened).
Now, even if she's very very close to perfection, be prepared to reply to
the lots of questions that inevitably will come out.
For example, the WPO (wonderful precedent owner), while assuring me that
it's working, suggests me to keep the heater disconnected in order to gain
some power: is he right, or is the improvement so marginal that's not worth
it?
The instrumentation seems to work ok, but the oil and fuel gauges oscillate
a bit, while the tachometer and water-temp are rock steady. What could be
the problem? And what's the knob just between the tachometer and the
speedometer?
Thanks for your help!
Cheers

--