Re: Red Line MTL in British trannies?

To: KILE_PAUL@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Paul D Kile)
Subject: Re: Red Line MTL in British trannies?
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 14:40:12 -0700
At 07:47 AM 10/25/96 PDT, you wrote:
>After putting Red Line MTL 75W-80 into my '79 Toyota truck gearbox, I
>was amazed at how well the thing shifted.  Has anyone had experience
>using MTL or the slightly heavier MT-90 in MOWOG trannies, specifically
>an MGB 4-synchro with overdrive?
>
>I'm usually a stickler for Factory specs, but MTL didn't exist when
>our beasties were built.  Any experience out there?
>
>Thanks, PK

Hi Paul,

This thread has popped up several times lately.  I have Redline 80-140W MTL
in the gearbox of my TC and am just tickled pink with it.  MGB's are a
different thing altogether.  They want motor oil, NOT gear oil in the
gearbox.  I'd hesitate putting MTL in the B.  More data needed.

Cheers
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT