Re: Points --> Elec. Ign. Common Place?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Points --> Elec. Ign. Common Place?
From: roethler@cadetmail.uscga.edu (Brust)
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 18:12:41 -0500
I installed a Crane XR-700 in my Midget and it has performed well without
any hassle or readjustment at all.  It cost about $100 but has saved me
about that much in pain in the ass factor.  I like to make my car as
reliable as possible so I can enjoy driving it (at least try and even out
the driving vs. fixing it)-- this is why I installed a datsun transmission
too.  I would recommend the elec. ign- it doesn't significantly (+2-5 hp)
alter power but it makes the car much more reliable.  If you want to
install a hotter coil you can do so, but it is not required.

Brust Roethler
64 Midget
69 Midget

"He who sheds his blood with me today, shall be my brother."
Wm. Shakespeare
CGA RUGBY