Re: 195/60 on stock MGB rims?

To: DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 195/60 on stock MGB rims?
From: JayP177@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 23:43:24 -0500
The 195/60 would probably work on your rims, which I believe are 5" rims. I
have used 185/70's on 4 1/2" wire wheels in vintage races with no problems.
You might find that 195/70"s are on the large side but if you don't have O/D
they would slow down the RPM a little. Most tire dealers have the tire
manufacturers suggestions as to acceptable rim widths for any particular size
tire. I don't believe that 4 1/2 rins are the suggested size for 185/70 tires
as I think that the narowest width suggested to use was 5", but as mentioned,
no problems in 10 or 12 vintage races. A tire you might consider is the
175/70 as it would give you the slightly smaller diameter, would fit the car
well and would work on your rims. Good luck.

                                                                          Jay