RE: 74 MGB BACKFIRING THROUGH WEBER DGV

To: mg net <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 74 MGB BACKFIRING THROUGH WEBER DGV
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 11:29:00 -0800 (PST)
I don't know too much about the history of your problem but did you by
chance install a new cam or change the timing chain...? If you played with
any of that you may have reassembled a tooth off. How are your valves? A bad
intake valve would allow a backfire through the carb. Try retarding the
spark a little. Is it a big bang or a constant chopping sound?
Chris Reichle