Re: [2] SAFETY ALERT! Holding Plug leads FWIW

To: dondaves@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: [2] SAFETY ALERT! Holding Plug leads FWIW
From: dfdarby@juno.com (David F. Darby)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 22:53:04 PST
>Reminds me of an old family friend, Tony Cusamano, 30 years ago, when
>was 13.  I still recall vividly - Tony sticking his finger in the
>socket of a non-working shop type "drop light" and saying: "yeah,
>there's juice".  Seeing my astonished face, he continued: "it doesn't
>
>hurt, just lights up your eyeballs a little - here, you try it!"  I
>remember not taking him up on that offer, but, it always amazed me
>that
>110 volts AC didn't faze him.  Now, it seems, maybe he wasn't all that
>
>special!
>
>>Don Daves  <dondaves@ix.netcom.com>
>Santa Cruz, CA
>65 Sunbeam Tiger (his)
>64 1/2 Mustang conv. (hers)

Don,

I remember as a child watching an oldtime journeyman electrician putting
the circuits to right in my Dad's store. First, he inserted his index
finger into a 110V fuse socket, then -- much to my astonishment --
withdrew it, liberally wetted it in his mouth and put it back in!
Yeeouch!!

David Darby