RE: [2] SAFETY ALERT! Holding Plug leads FWIW

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [2] SAFETY ALERT! Holding Plug leads FWIW
From: dondaves@ix.netcom.com (Don Daves)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 14:10:16 -0800
>>coil wire and touching ground. Saw him do it on a BIG John Dear once
>>and another time on an 30's Dodge Truck. I believe I also heard my
>>Grandfather mention he  ( My Great Uncle) had shorted out a
>>neighbors electric fence by trying to take a short cut across it
>>once.

>A TV Repair aquaintance used to check the EHT transformer by
>seeing how far the spark would jump to his finger.

>PaulH
>73 Roadster (HD&H)
>75 V8 (DD)

Reminds me of an old family friend, Tony Cusamano, 30 years ago, when I
was 13.  I still recall vividly - Tony sticking his finger in the
socket of a non-working shop type "drop light" and saying: "yeah,
there's juice".  Seeing my astonished face, he continued: "it doesn't
hurt, just lights up your eyeballs a little - here, you try it!"  I
remember not taking him up on that offer, but, it always amazed me that
110 volts AC didn't faze him.  Now, it seems, maybe he wasn't all that
special!

Funny about the things you remember from the distant past.

Don Daves  <dondaves@ix.netcom.com>
Santa Cruz, CA
65 Sunbeam Tiger (his)
64 1/2 Mustang conv. (hers)