Re: What MGA Pictures?

To: BarneyMG@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What MGA Pictures?
From: jpquinn@cyberramp.net (John P. Quinn)
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 1996 09:20:21 -0600
Aleind and the CIA forced Jay to write comments spliced in below...

>In a message dated 96-11-01 10:26:47 EST, kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu (Kevin
>Sullivan) writes (among other things):
>
><< Also what about these pictures people are talking about?  I want to see
>them.  >>
>
>It took me a while to catch on to this one.  I send ONE nifty picture to ONE
>person, he gushes gently over the net, and now a bunch-o-people want to see.
> Well, it's not on any web page, it's a 69K byte GIF file (about a two minute
>download), and I don't want to flood the net.

Hey, thats not flooding, Download and forward a copy of Oracle Persoanl 7 to
all your friends, now thats Flooding!

Besides, I know your chest is sticking out by a mile!  Mine would be.

The image is worth the download.  It's a great shot.  I toggle between it and
the new Jag pic for a background image on my Win95 OS.

Whether it's in a Web site or a direct email, your modem endures
that d/l anyway regardless, and the HDD takes on storing it, it's just
a different dir, cache or email d/l dir.

I also like showing the image to an older gentleman here at work, he says that
was his first car.  Always gets him to talking about his collection of MG's he
had over the years.

>It's a 3" x 5" (300dpi) picture of me in my SCCA Solo-II E-Stock 1958 MGA
>1500 Roadster in full dress.  Location is Rantoul Aviation Center (formerly
>Chanute Air Force Base), Rantoul Illinois.  For those who want a copy, e-mail
>me direct (not the list please) with "MGA picture please" in the subject
>line.  In about 24 hours I will batch process a copy to all who request it by
>attaching the file to e-mail.

I think it's a real nice shot.  Makes me want one real bad.

>Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA

Jay Quinn    -     '62 Austin-Healey MKII Sprite
jpquinn@cyberramp.net
www.cyberramp.net/~jpquinn
PGP Encryption Key Upon Request