oil catch tank

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: oil catch tank
From: homestay@infolearn.com.au (Syl's Sydney Homestay)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 01:40:39 +1100 (EST)
I have now fabricated and installed the oil catch tank on my TC for which I
sought input from the list some few weeks ago.

Looks neat enough as it sits on the front of the battery box adjacent to
the coil and picks up from the engine oil breather via 25mm I.D helical
coil plastic tubing and from the rocker/valve cover vent via a smaller
diameter plastic hose.

The fact that the oil breather hose vents above the outlet from the side
plate does not seem to be a problem from test trials conducted this
weekend.

The catch tank is vented so as not to become pressurised and has a drain
plug so as to obviate the need for its removal in the event that it
actually does catch any oil.

Actually I made a bit of a blue in its design which required me in the end
having to remove the bonnet to complete its installation. This shortcoming
could easily have been avoided if I had been more careful in the design
stage.

I had hoped to have an installation that would be easily disassembled but
now that I have to take off the bonnet each time to remove it it's likely
as not now to stay where it is.

To those who provided input - thanks!! It will be interesting to see just
how much oil it in fact catches.

Regards

Paul