72 MGB in North Georgia

To: mgsubmit <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 72 MGB in North Georgia
From: "Deffendall, Kelly, 403" <KDeffendal@cbrl.cbrlcorp.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 96 08:41:00 PST
Marc Steinberg Wrote:

>While refueling in the north Georgia mountains yesterday, a woman came up
>to my car and asked if I wanted to buy another one.  I don't, but it
>sounded interesting:

>'72 MGB, not running, dry-stored, no rust, good body.
>Sarah Verner (707) 536 3695, asking $900.

I drove down to see this car on Saturday and will give further info if any
are
interested in it.  It is a 72 roadster and Ms Verner is a really nice
elderly lady.

Negatives:
The car was stored for 9 years in a open air, dirt floor shed.
The engine is  completely siezed. I tried to turn it with a breaker bar. No
luck.
The carburetors' air valves are corroded in place.
The hood is badly dented.
The left front fender is badly dented in the headlight crease.
The trunk will not open,  the trunk floor is completely rusted out and the
gas
tank is gone.  Someone pop riveted a piece of sheet metal in place.
I put the car in gear and was still able to push it even with the seized
motor, so
either the transmission or the clutch is in trouble ( the drive shaft was
hooked up).
Tires are dry rotted but will hold air.

Positives:
Wire wheels and splines are in pretty good shape.
Surprisingly little rust through in the sills and floorboards and other
places you'd
expect.
Interior is dirty, but everything seems to be there ( gauges, panels etc).
Clear title.

Would make a good parts car for $100 or so.  One last thing,  The area code
in the above number is incorrect.  It's 770, not 707.

It was a pretty day for a drive in the North Georgia mountains.

Kelly