Re: To Dream......an MGF

To: hansen@cadetmail.uscga.edu (Shmansen), mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: To Dream......an MGF
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 08:24:46 -0800
At 05:23 PM 11/3/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I had a quick question for our brethren in good old Canada, what is the
>possibility of the eventual importation of you guessed it an MGF in to
>someplace like B.C.   Just currious I guess and wondering how many loop
>hopel one might be a ble to jump through to import one to the states.......
>
>Alan 75B-Maggie

Alan et al,

I'm afraid the chances of us getting our mitts on an MGF before they were
introduced in the States are pretty slim.  I believe most overseas auto
manufacturers look at Canada and the US as basicly one market.  There are
slight differences in the legal requirements for new cars (ie. daytime
running lights) but it's really just one big market.  I doubt very much that
Rover would antagonize all of you south of the 49th by shipping their
hottest property to us and leaving you out.  Besides, they must know that a
goodly portion of the cars they sold here would immediately head south.

I'd absolutely love to see it but don't hold yer breath!

Cheers
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT