Re: MGF Availability

To: Robert J Donahue/DELCO <RJDONAHU@mail.delcoelect.com>
Subject: Re: MGF Availability
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 1996 10:26:42 -0500
Robert J Donahue/DELCO wrote:

> There seems to be two types of people on this list:
>
> Those who love the MG marque and like new cars. These
> people are frustrated because they can't buy the MGF in the
> states.
>
> Those who love the MG marque and like old classic cars. These
> people (like me) couldn't care less about the the MGF. If the
> MGF does become available, the people of the first type can sell
> their old MGs to the people of the second type and everybody
> will be happy. Of course the people of the first type would spend
> less time in the shop and more time on the road.

This is actually pretty true, from what I've seen.  However, I may
be somewhere in between;  I personally think the MGF looks too much
like a glorified Miata (DUCK!!), but I've seen pictures of a MGR V8
that was produced in the early 90's, and that seemed interesting.

It seems that the categories would have to be split yet again:
1)  Those who want an MGF or MGR and can afford to import one.
2)  Those who want an MGF or MGR and can't afford to import one.
3)  Those who don't give a rip about post 1980 MG's.

Since I don't currently own an MGR, you can guess which category I lie in.
However, if and when this changes, you aren't getting my '72!

Regards,