Re: Why standard? (no LBC content)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Why standard? (no LBC content)
From: Jeremy Baxter <jeremy.baxter@parallax.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 1996 10:43:31 +0000
At 04:03 08/11/96 UT, you wrote:
>Here's a newbie question... If MGs are british cars, why are all the nuts
>bolts etc on these cars standard instead of metric?  Were they just being
>conciderate to us Americans?
>Wade Shanley
>wadesh@msn.com
>74 MGB
>75 MGB

Conciderate to americans? I don't think so.
Don't forget the British invented the imperial measurement system, if that's
what you mean by standard?
We only started 'properly' using the metric system recently, although most
engineers still have to convert to inches before being able to visualise sizes.
The only real question is WHY are we converting to the metric system, and
the only answer I can see is that all our politions are shares in tool
making companys

Jeremy ( we still use mph you know ) baxter

72 MG midget (in > 1000 bits)