Re: Faulty Towers/Cleases Red mini?

To: mgs@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Faulty Towers/Cleases Red mini?
From: mtooze@tan.unl.edu (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 08:37:35 -0600

> Did anyone out here watch the Faulty Towers episodes?

Seen 'em all, many times. I still occasionally rent them out.

> The one where Bazel's car failed him on his way to pick up something very
> important and was on a ridgid time schedule.  The ole car wasn't starting.
>
> Well, he gets really pissed at his car on the side of the road and starts
> giving it a warning.  Of which, it didn't do anything, so he runs and gets
> limb off a near by tree and thrashs it vigerously.  Pretty funny scene.
>
> What type of car (Mini?) was that?  And what year?  As well as any other
> specifics about that little red car.

yep, it's a mini...

> It was pretty amazing a stick like insect that Clease is, he fit in that car.

Minis are suprisingly spacious, 'cos there is barely any interior other than
the seats. My dad was 6'2" (typical, I took after my 5'4" mother)
and drove a mini regularly with ease. My first driving lessons were
carried out with me sat on his lap steering, while he operated the clutch and
brakes....so there is plenty of space.

There is also a good mini scene in "four weddings and a funeral" with that
cad and bounder, Hugh Grant. They are charging up the M-1, then slam on the
brakes because they miss their exit, and almost get crushed by the traffic
behind...

Marcus