Re: MG Octagon Car Club

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: MG Octagon Car Club
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 15:13:33 -0800 (PST) (23:13 UT)
That's a really interesting question:  WAS there any participation from
the original MG team in the creation of the MGF?

> Their recent action of hassling the keepers of the flame
 that use the logo means to me that they don't have a clue of what the logo
< means to most of us!

  I'm not aware of this.  What's the story?
  I must admit, my MG-ego was miffed when they badged the Metro as an
MG.  At least the MGF was designed from the beginning to be an MG, albeit
by a company with more marketing competance and better finances than
Abingdon.

  We had our little United Way charity vehicle show.  I drove Milou.
It was sunny and 80 degrees.  It was wonderful.  I pulled out her [original
and complete] toolkit.  I noticed the name on the jack: "King Dick!"
And to think Milou was originally purchased by a chaste young lady...
"I jacked up my car with King Dick."   Anyone offended yet?   ;-)

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*