MGF'S IN CANADA

To: HANSEN@CADETMAIL.USCGA.EDU
Subject: MGF'S IN CANADA
From: moody <moody@octonline.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 1996 12:07:31 -0800
Maggi; The first mgf arrived in Canada almost 2 years ago. It was a nice
red car but was not built on the assembly line.It was a hand built
prototype. The people from rover came and put the vehicle through a bunch
of cold weather and other tests. they kept the car in a test facility
just outside Toronto.The club in Toronto got wind of the vehicle and made
arrangements to liberate the car for a day. Two summers ago at the clubs
40th anniversary the mgf was the guest of honour. Members and those
attending the event got to sit in and play with the vehicle and have
their picture taken. Regretfully the car had to go back to rover in
England. They checked the car out and because it was a hand
built prototype and not a production model were forced to scrap it. So
Maggi the first MGF to set tires in North America is sadly no longer with
us.We can't get them into Canada any easier than you can into the
US.Maybe they will notice our desire and begin work on the MGG.
Ed Moody 79 B