hydraulic brakes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: hydraulic brakes
From: FunE4MG@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996 17:45:12 -0500
I know this has been bantered around here before but.... I'l start it again.
Brakes, we all agree we have to have them and no compromise should be allowed
when it comes to the integrity of a braking system, I do NOT want to put this
car on the road until I feel I have safe brakes but it's driving me bonkers
as to why I can't get any response from the hydraulics.  Here's the story:
1971 MGB-GT, dual Master cylinder.
New master cylinder.          New Brake hoses.     Steel lines have been
blown out
Rebuilt calipers and wheel cylinders in rear.    New bleeder screws.     No
Leakage
apparent.
The master cylinder will hold pressure, when a guage is put in line, the same
is true for both front and rear systems.   Pressure does not drop off while
holding the pedal down, guage installed at each caliper and again at each
rear cyl.  The only thing that I'm not sure of is the differential switch for
the dash "Brake" light.
Any advice or troublesome pieces to check beyond what has already been done
would be appreciated.  oh yeah, we've put @ 2 gallons of fluid thru this
system with bleeding methods that range from vacuum assist to good old leg
pumping, will it require a bleeder ball to pressurize the system?
Thanks gang.
Tom Zylla  (funny for MG)