RE: 1275 Engines

To: mgs@autox.team.net, gumby@joshuanet.com
Subject: RE: 1275 Engines
From: TheSkinny@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 01:36:49 -0500
>I am picking up three 1275 engines later this month from th San
>Francisco Bay area.  I don't know their condition or completeness.  I
>will probably keep two of them (one goes in my '60 Mini project car).

Jim-
Mini 1275 & Midget 1275 are not compatible to the best of my knowledge, due
to the mini mounting the transmission where the oil pan would be on a midget.
 Also very different crankshaft.  Double check and correct me if I'm wrong.
 However, as discussed, my 1275 is bored WAY over specs, and I might be
interested in a spare at the right price...(free, or close to it).  Maybe it
was just the automatic trans versions that don't swap?  Anyway fill me in.

David Riker