Re: Acronyms-BMIHT,IMHO,ect

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Acronyms-BMIHT,IMHO,ect
From: Andrew Murdock <Andrew.Murdock@cdc.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 13:29:28 +0000
At 07:48 AM 11/13/96 -0500, bleckstein@monmouth.com wrote:

>>Most of you probably thought that these were cars from the Czech
>>Republic....but no in the olden days when real M.G.'s were made in Abingdon
>>by Abingdon men, it stood for "Completely Knocked Down".....a kit car M.G. to
>>be assembled in far away lands like Oz.
>>
> I can't believe it, the gas jockey was right. My TF is a kit car! Oh no!
>
>Mike

Ha ha, reminds me of the time my father and I went to a kit car show in
Britain in his TF, where they let us in the exhibitors entrance. Then this
little guy on the gate comes running after the car going "Its real, its real
isn't it ?" before sticking his head under the back end and burning his
cheek on the exhaust...

Then they asked us to put said TF next to a kit in the show arena, where
everyone assumed that my father's car was the kit, as it didn't have a badge
bar, whereas the other one (the kit) had a bar with polished MGOC and MGCC
badges...

The other story I have of this TF, as my folks now reside in FLorida, is of
driving over to Daytona to get some parts for a car we were working on and
driving into the middle of bike week...frightened ??? you could hear our
botty cheeks quivering from miles off...

In fact we ended up with an escort of bikes wherever we went, all just
wanting to ride alongside this quaint lil' car whilst passing us t-shirts,
beer, mugs and anything else tht came to hand.

Oh well go figure :-)

Andrew

*Control Data Ltd, 3 Roundwood Avenue,  * "Its not RIALTO as we know it  *
*Stockley Park, Uxbridge, Middlesex.    *           Jim"                 *
*Tel: 0181 867 6027; Fax: 0181 569 2511 *                                *